A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By whats_up_skip
Jan Marius Evang wrote:I should add that i first made it with only wires between the pins, but then made a pcb. You can order here: (I get 1$ credit if you do)

http://dirtypcbs.com/view.php?share=520 ... 458ea8742e

I used one of these modules
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DHT11-Tempe ... 4855679549

And didn't need any pull-up resistors on the pcb.

Marius

Do you have any more information about this project?

Why did you go with the DHT11 and not DHT12?
Are they interchangeable?
I notice the DHT11 you linked to has additional components on the sub board, what are they for?
By Jan Marius Evang
#13181 The DHT22 is similar to the DHT11 but has much better accuracy. There may be some software differences, though.

The standard DHT11-schema contains a pull-up resistor but I'm not sure whether this is needed at all. (The ESP8266 will do the pull-up internally)

This board contains:
- 3x DS18(b)20 connectors. (Or any other 1-wire sensors) Using GPIO0 + pull-up resistor
- 1x HDT11 connector (Using GPIO2) + pull-up resistor
- Raspberry PI B+ interface for programming (No other hardware needed)
- ESP-01 interface for soldering or header/connector.
- Prog jumper (connecting GPIO0 to GND)
- PCD8544 interface connecting RST to ESP-01-RST via resistor and CE to GND via resistor.
- Backlight jumper/switch for PCD8544

I bought 10 of these boards and use them for everything. One for a programmer, 2 for temperature sensors, 1 as a DHT11-sensor, 1 to try to get the PCD8544 working.

What I miss, though, is a reset jumper, so I soldered a 4.7kOhm resistor between the backlight hole on the PCD8544-connector and one of the resistor-holes, which made the backlight-jumper a reset-jumper (for my programmer board).

There are no surface-mount parts, for easy DIY soldering.

Marius
By CptanPanic
#14505 I made a logger with a SHT15 I had laying around and a ESP-1. The problem I have is when booting up the module, I can't have the SHT15 connected to the IO-0 or IO-2 pins or it goes crazy since the pins are getting signal from chip or are floating. How did you handle this, or is the DHT11 different?