A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By maxniz
#89635 good... i use for test a simple file for blink a led with lua loader
1) use the same tool and try flashing the file (just that, no other one) you received from nodemcu-build.com (flash it at 0x00000) /// successfully loaded but led not blink
2) use the same tool and try flashing the binaries I built but revert the order, start with file 0x10000.bin then file 0x00000.bin (don't forget to revert the addresses too) //// the same
3) change the flashing tool, have you tried the Espressif one or esptool.py ? ////// i have used NodeMCU-PyFlasher-4.0-x64 but the led doesn't blink ...it's always on....

so I went back to "INTERNAL: // NODEMCU" and noticed the attached lines ....
after flashing , i switch to lualoader and when i chose the init file, it tells me

> > dofile("LLbin.lua")
cannot open LLbin.lua
>
LLbin.lua not found. Installing LLbin.lua...

uart.setup(0,9600,8,0,1,0)
> > >

he doesn't find llbin. lua ... could it be the problem ???
in the other cases I have never seen the writing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By quackmore
#89637 don't think so...

from your trace the old version of nodemcu-firmware seems to be able to find the missing lib
the old firmware is probably misbehaving because of after erasing the flash the SDK init are missing
as explained into the documentation

Code: Select allSDK Init Data
NodeMCU versions are compiled against specific versions of the Espressif SDK. The SDK reserves space in flash that is used to store calibration and other data. Espressif refers to this area as "System Param" and it occupies four 4 Kb sectors of flash. A fifth 4 Kb sector is also reserved for RF calibration. - With SDK version 2.x builds, these 5 sectors are located in the last pages at in the Flash memory. - With SDK version 3.x builds, these 5 sectors are located in the otherwise unused pages at Flash offset 0x0B000-0x0FFFF, between the bin/0x00000.bin segment at 0x00000 and the bin/0x10000.bin to 0x10000.

If this data gets corrupted or you are upgrading major SDK versions, then the firmware may not boot correctly. Symptoms include messages like rf_cal[0] !=0x05,is 0xFF, or endless reboot loops and/or fast blinking module LEDs. If you are seeing one or several of the above symptoms, ensure that your chip is fully erased before flashing, for example by using esptool.py. The SDK version 3.x firmware builds detect if the RF calibration sector has been erased or corrupted, and will automatically initialise it with the correct content before restarting the processor. This works for all SDK supported flash sizes.

flashing esp_init_data_default.bin and blank.bin should fix it
checkout Espressif flash download tool and docs for how to

I'm still thinking that something went wrong flashing the latest nodemcu built
this is a way to verify it:

Code: Select allmajorVer, minorVer, devVer, chipid, flashid, flashsize, flashmode, flashspeed = node.info()
=print("NodeMCU "..majorVer.."."..minorVer.."."..devVer)

should result into
Code: Select allmajorVer, minorVer, devVer, chipid, flashid, flashsize, flashmode, flashspeed = node.info()
majorVer, minorVer, devVer, chipid, flashid, flashsize, flashmode, flashspeed = node.info()
Warning, deprecated API! node.info() without parameter. It will be removed in the next version. See documentation for details.
>
NodeMCU 3.0.0
>
By maxniz
#89639 i have downloaded Espressif flash and i erase and put your files succesly look at the photo but still doesn't work good... i have used the led blink again.....
am I stealing too much time from you ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By quackmore
#89640 You are selecting the wrong flash size, your flash is 1 MB so you have to select 8 Mbit

Don't give up, we'll get to an end

Make sure you flash both files
Just in case do them one at a time

I mean, flash one, reset, flash the other one, reset, see what happens

I wanna see the correct node version