A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Fred06
#94923 Hello,

It is fine this ESP8266 WIFI Repeater, but ....

Do you know if there is any way to have this software avalaible with 2 differents Wifi channels : The first WIFI channel for the Master Wifi and the second WIFI channel for the extended Wifi ?

It's just because the equipments that receives the WIFI Master and the Repeater on the same channel are disturbed..

Also, is ESP32 better for that or using two connected ESP8266 one for each channel ?

Thanks

Fred
By Lando_TT
YurkshireLad wrote:This is interesting, thanks. I tried Lando_TT's code, but it wouldn't save the extender's password, so the WiFi access point is wide open. Did I forget to do something?

Hey, thanks for trying my code, and apologies for the late response. I'd been absent for quite a while as I somehow managed to misplace my ESP8266 board and kinda forgot about this project... Upon further testing, my current code here won't even build in the new Arduino IDE.

I'm actually currently working on a revamped version of this with more features... Hope to make an update soon!
By Lando_TT
Fred06 wrote:Hello,

It is fine this ESP8266 WIFI Repeater, but ....

Do you know if there is any way to have this software avalaible with 2 differents Wifi channels : The first WIFI channel for the Master Wifi and the second WIFI channel for the extended Wifi ?

It's just because the equipments that receives the WIFI Master and the Repeater on the same channel are disturbed..

Also, is ESP32 better for that or using two connected ESP8266 one for each channel ?

Thanks

Fred

Apologies my friend, but I believe when the device operates as an extender (STA+AP mode) it assumes whatever channel the station (or router) it connects to currently has.
By Lando_TT
YurkshireLad wrote:This is interesting, thanks. I tried Lando_TT's code, but it wouldn't save the extender's password, so the WiFi access point is wide open. Did I forget to do something?

Hey, small update... Upon further investigation, it appears that unless a password ≥ 8 characters is set for the AP side, it won't allow me to get access to the internet. I've updated the code and made some improvement in terms of usability... Will update soon.