A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By matthah1
#92930 Inexpensive trailer/house remote temperature monitor emailer device

<$20 in parts (ESP8266-12E microcontroller and DHT11 temperature and humidity sensor)

Arduino C code to establish the WiFi connection, get the time off the Internet, read the temperature and humidity, interact with email server to transmit information to myself.
Mail server access for an embedded device

Yields
Emails house and/or trailer temperature periodically via WiFi or Cellular data. If WiFi isn't available in the trailer I leave a cell phone in the trailer in hotspot mode.

It was "almost" really easy... the only hard part was getting an email server to accept outgoing email from an embedded system without an Operating System, without good security support. After hours of research and experimentation, much of it looking at Google email servers I gave up and signed up for accounts with smtp2go.com (free) and namecheap ( a few dollars per year). These services will charge real money if you want to send large numbers of email via their servers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.