A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By haimgbs
#14242 i am looking for implementing MODBUS protocol in to the ESP , using a simple web server for setup and configuration and ability to connect to SCADA / HMI . i am looking for someone with the ability to implement it and joint this business opportunity.
By kartman
#14327 Modbus is quite easy to implement. What are you wanting to do? Implement a modbus tcp to rtu/ascii gateway?
In another post i noted my investigations into doing rs485 and the challenges involved. Since doing that there seems to be a microsecond timer that might make implementing rs485 easier.
Also, i'm not sure the limitation of one server still exists - you need two server sockets, one for modbus tcp and another for the webserver
By frank_dunn1
#15311 I have tried to get modbus Tcp to work on a olimex board with esp8266 , it needs a lot extras to be added in but basic function 3 and 6 for 1 register with crc16 works . I can share the code if you want it.
By aniston
frank_dunn1 wrote:I have tried to get modbus Tcp to work on a olimex board with esp8266 , it needs a lot extras to be added in but basic function 3 and 6 for 1 register with crc16 works . I can share the code if you want it.

Hello Frank, I am interested in getting Modbus functionally from the ESP8266, can you share your code ?

thanks,
aniston.