A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Kevin Uhlir (N0BEL)
#16925 Just some updates....

Since SDK 1.01 includes mDNS, this work is now obsolete.

Regarding the compile errors reported, its just SDK version differences, it looks like mem.h needs to be included in the source. Its possible its another include. The original work was done under SDK 093.

For nodemcu, I'm going to wait for them to catch up with SDK 1.01, and then submit a pull request including the hooks for mDNS.

/Kevin
By AdrianM
Kevin Uhlir (N0BEL) wrote:Just some updates....

Since SDK 1.01 includes mDNS, this work is now obsolete.

Regarding the compile errors reported, its just SDK version differences, it looks like mem.h needs to be included in the source. Its possible its another include. The original work was done under SDK 093.

For nodemcu, I'm going to wait for them to catch up with SDK 1.01, and then submit a pull request including the hooks for mDNS.

/Kevin

Lack of mDNS support in nodemcu/Lua is forcing me over to Arduino IDE development but I'm finding that process painfully slow compared to working on one script at a time in ESPlorer. I'm also getting to like Lua as a programming language.

I looked at the port of CC3000 Multicast DNS library that is the Arduino library, but it's a big old chunk of code to hand-convert into Lua. I assume the only sensible approach is to compile it into a nodemcu module as described above. Are there examples of how this is done as I haven't got a clue.