A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By kubi
#15929 Hi,

this is a tiny little pong clock based on nodeMCU. It consists of a small 128x64 I2C OLED and an ESP8266-01. It gets the time from an ntp server at startup.

Look here how it works: http://youtu.be/Su3f5w3nEbg

The source code and some more infos can be found here: https://github.com/kubi57/ESP8266/tree/ ... pong-clock

Have fun
kubi

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kubi on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
By miker
#16052 Awesome project! I have my oled display working fine on the ESP-01 with the Arduino IDE but i'm not familiar with the ESPlorer tool. I've had success with a single file blinking an led but I have no idea how to get your Pong-Clock project with multiple files into the ESP. Attached is a screenshot of what I have now. Do I open up each file so there are multiple tabs, then click the Save&Compile All button and then the Save to ESP button? Right now my screen is blank.
My oled is definitely wired to an address of 0x3C.

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By kubi
#16089 Hi miker,

apparently I still have an older version of ESPlorer without a save&compile button. So I open all files in seperate tabs, save them to ESP and then I compiled them manually by entering the command node.compile("filename.lua") for all files except ntp.lua. You then should have many .lc files.

I'll install the newer version, that you have. Then I can confirm again how that works.
By kubi
#16095 So, I now installed ESPlorer v0.2.0. The [Save&Compile All] button doesn't work at all.

I did the following step by step:
- [Format] button
- open every .lua file, which creates a separate tab for each file
- edit ntp.lua and set your SSID, password and timezone
- select every file (tab) and press button [Save to ESP] (ignore error messages like 'not enough memory')
- select every file except ntp.lua and press button [Save&Compile]
- check your saved files, in the Command tab press [List files], you should have a .lc file for each .lua file except for ntp.lua
- select the ntp.lua tab and press [Run], the pong clock should start after 2-3 seconds
- if everything works properly, rename ntp.lua to init.lua by entering file.rename("ntp.lua","init.lua") in the command field, press [Send]

I hope I didn't miss anything. Please let me know if it works for you.