A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Matt
#16347 Hi everyone, I am new here. I have a question about ESP8266's sending speed.
But first I want to explain my project.

I will send a image(320*240 pix - 153738 bytes ) on ESP8266 module. And I will receive all bytes in my C# GU Interface. There is so many bytes in here. And I am using ESP8266's baudrate on 921600 Bps. Don't worry it works. But ESP is able to sending 2048 bytes at a time AT+CIPSEND=0,2048 (I mean this command. Its limit is 2048). I am also sending 2048 bytes per process. Then next 2048bytes. Repeat until finish all bytes.

I sent all bytes on ESP (CIPSEND command) successfully. And I receive all bytes in my GUI. But there is a problem here. This image comes to me in 20 seconds. It is too much time for my project. I am also using a bluetooth module (921600 Bps) and image comes 3 or 4 seconds.

Is there any solution for speed up my ESP8266. Or am I doing something wrong? Please help me, I dont have much time to over this problem.

My ESP8266's version is 0018000902_03.
And I use this commands
AT+CWMODE=1
AT+CWJAP="ssid","pass"
AT+CIPMUX=1
AT+CIPSERVER=1,5001

AT+CIPSEND=0,2048
By btidey
#80875 The original (old) post I think was referring to sending image data to the ESP8266 over the serial port where the module was running the AT firmware. This is somewhat strange in my view.

What are you trying to do? Where is the image data and where are you trying to send it to?

For example if it is stored in flash memory (SPIFFS) on the esp8266 and you want to wifi send it to another machine somewhere then you can just use regular html communication. This could either be ESP8266 acts a webserver responding to requests to send an image, or it could be a client making upload requests onto an external webserver.