A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By sh4d0w
#17237 Hey all,

I have managed to port the arduino IR library by Ken Shirriff to esp8266 using the Sming framework. It can encode and decode. The sending uses bit-banging rather than PWM since I could not get it to work consistently. I have tested using a NEC remote and checked the codes using an Arduino with IRremote. I will be updating the documentation over the next few days.

https://github.com/sh4d0w12/esp8266_IRremote
By vynci
#17276 This is awesome! I've been trying to find a workaround like this for days now. Right now I'm just using a separate arduino nano board to do the IR encoding/decoding and the ESP8266 board to communicate with my MQTT broker. This is really great! Thanks sh4d0w! :)
By sh4d0w
This is awesome! I've been trying to find a workaround like this for days now. Right now I'm just using a separate arduino nano board to do the IR encoding/decoding and the ESP8266 board to communicate with my MQTT broker. This is really great! Thanks sh4d0w! :)

Pleasure. Yea, was in the same boat. Really wanted to be able to use the ESP8266 to encode and decode IR rather than requiring another microcontroller.