A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By eriksl
#22941 Normally I don't see any useful options onder the left icon, other than "report" but now it seems I may change my first post. Wow.

Your quoting the wikipedia that is based on an older SDK.

I repeat, the ESP8266 does NOT have any hardware for PWM. The old SDK had a more limited software implementation than the current one. Nothing more nothing less.

It's not really that difficult to implement a software PWM, I've done it myself. Just program the interrupt of a fast enough timer to go when the next PWM GPIO should flip and when the interrupt fires, flip the GPIO and calculate the time to the next PWM GPIO in clock ticks, and program the timer interrupt compare register for that. That's why multiple PWM's can't have duty cycles that are very close together, in the time the compare register is programmed, the timer already reached that point.
By LievenMerckx
#34242 nice work, it inspired me on some own development.
i saw you mentioned some issue with pl2303 and parity settings.
i'm using a nodemcu board with cp2102 usb-serial an struggling to make it work for 8 bit even parity. it always give garbled data, even with correct setting of linux side and esp side.
8N1 setting are no problem.
is the esp8266 capable of generating correct parity ?