A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By eriksl
#19947 Hmmm, I don't think it's quite suitable for "arduino"-level users. On the other hand, if you manage to compile the source into an image or you can find someone to do it for you, there is no need for anything special, it's just a bridge.

At the moment all settings must be configured in the source code. Soon I will implement a command interface that will allow to change some settings, but things like SSID and password can't be set that way inherently, for that you'll really have to compile your own version with these filled in.
By eriksl
#19949 I have done a lot of work on the UART interface lately. I seem to have found out how to use it properly now (without any documentation...) Most (all?) examples derive from copy&paste work from an example from espressif that's not at all efficient. My version is now completely interrupt driven. The hardware receive fifo is fetched whenever there is data in it and the send fifo is filled whenever there is data to be sent and there is room in the fifo. No polling. CPU usage next to none. Leaves a lot of cpu cycles for other tasks.

Coming up:
- telnet escape sequence filtering (these "smileys" you see at the start when you use the telnet command to connect, starting with 0xff)
- command interface, on a separate tcp port (so no need for de-multiplexing like "+++" constructions)
- use the command interface to configure the uart and implement arbitrary other commands, e.g. setting gpio's, pwm, i2c...
- save the settings to flash
- selectable line buffered mode or direct byte-for-byte passthrough (it's now the latter)
By eriksl
#20713 This project is getting somewhat mature and useable now!

Implemented last week:
- skip telnet garbage
- command interface on separate tcp port (24, the bridge is on port 23), type ? or help to see all commands
- save settings to flash (only the skip telnet garbage option for now, but new options will get saved the same way)

But most important, the ssid+password used to be hardcoded, they're used from the flash settings now. This means it's no longer necessary to compile the firmware yourself. Just first flash one of the AT-firmwares, setup the ssid from the "uart side" and then flash this firmware. It's necessary to do it this way, to keep the uart<->tcp bridge completely transparent in my firmware.

I will now add basic uart configuration from the command port (24) and then upload the firmware.