A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By sanjat
#22586 Hi samehhady,

Nice work.

Well, what I can understand from the work that you have did is to control your home appliances.

If am right, than, I have these two questions
1) Are you controlling the home appliances with both the mechanical switch as well as through the GPIO of the ESP?
2) What about the Safety mechanism if suppose you are controlling any of your home appliance that is either UL or VDE certified?

We are also planning to have a product like this but stuck at a place where we don't know about the consequences when a home appliance gets malfunctioned and the service engineer from the particular company proves that it was due to ESP as it wasn't a recommended device.

Any body can make me understand or clear the point.

Thanks to all in advance.

With Regards
Sanjat
By samehhady
godzilla wrote:The case really looks premium sans screws. Does the size fit in regular electrical boxes? I am working on a similar project, a dimmable LED bulb. I am using nodeMCU but plan to shift to firmware based on espressif SDK. Would you please let me know how you solved the communication security issues and control over internet (not wifi/LAN). Thanks.

Thanks!, yes it fits in a regular electrical box, I made sure to use the right proportions.