A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By rudi
#19829 txs again sprite,
for friendly reasons, i confirm,
tested and runs here at ESP
( with the standard flash size )
i tested without extra ic'S, and here my doings:
Blank.bin to Adresse 0x7E000
Blank.bin to Adresse 0xFE000
0x00000.bin to Adresse 0x00000
0xA0000.bin to Adresse 0xA0000

with flash tool 1.2, settings was to 8 mbit. no problem.

best regards!
rudi ;-)

ps.
great work!
By armSeb
#20186 Hello,

Great job ! Thank You !

Running fine on esp-12 module, without extra RAM and without i2s DAC. Reasonable sound quality with simple low-pass filter and audio-amp.

I use it to listen my favourite radio station. I have some ideas to improve it :

- Add a little piece of code to drive SSD1306 oled display and display song title.
- Add a way to choose between pre-configured WiFi AP. The easiest way is to scan APs and compare SSIDs with a local list.
- Add Stereo decoding :)

This is an useful application. For instance, it is possible to fit this device into an old tube radio to make it receiving more and more Internet radio stations.

Thank you again for this nice code and hope someone will improve it :)
By Sprite_tm
#20213 Rudi: Thanks for testing! I don't have any of the ESPxxx modules here, only our internal devboards, so it's really useful to hear it works on all ESPs.

armSeb wrote:Thank you again for this nice code and hope someone will improve it :)

Heh, I'm planning on maybe improving the PWM output a bit (something with delta-sigma instead of PWM sounds good) but apart from that, I'll leave other improvements to the community. I'm open to Git pull requests if people develop something everyone can enjoy.