A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By podema
#24618 Hi, i'm new to this forum and in fact in ESP8266 development.

I have an IOT project in mind in which i want to use our little beast however one of the requirements is that each node must relay the signal. Not in the strict sense of the word, but each node has to increase the network range.

Furthermore each node must act as a webserver and so they must be accessible to the internet.

The easiest way to achieve this, at least in my mind, is that each node act as a wifi bridge so both conditions are met, i know that this is not implemented in the SDK but is it possible to achieve it with softAP+sta?

If not another way in that i tought this functions could be achieved is in some sort of mesh, i have seen in this forum people that has do it succesfully but i do not see it mature yet. Furthermore i don't need the full mesh functionality, with a chain/tree topology i would be fine.

Wifi range is quite limited, so i think that this functions are important, so let me ask a maybe naive question; why there is no function like this yet? there are no interest in it? is it hell hard? it make the connection unrealiable or complex so don't worth the trouble considering the cost of a wifi relay (15$ more or less)

Thanks in advance for your opinions
By ritesh
#36711 Hi,

I am also try to develop IoT based application using ESP-WROOM-02 Wifi Module using MESH Network.

Let me know if you have did any success in your project.

Regards,
Ritesh Prajapati