A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Craig54321
#58959 It works... mostly. Once the button is pushed, I get stuck in the while(digitalRead(pirPin) == 1 loop. Even when the button is released. I've peppered print functions into the program to see this in action. Oddly, when I place a DMM on the GPIO2 line, the behavior stops and the program functions normally. Hmmm... Ideas anyone? The diode is in place so I don't think there is any feedback from CHPD or GPIO0. I also have TX/RX lines connected to the ESP01 as I am trying to debug but I don't think they are interfering... maybe.
By Craig54321
#58967 Perhaps related to my other problems found & discussed, the current draw is 2.6 mA after shutdown. All the voltages at the 3 pins are zero, so that is not it. On the first power-up current draw is 0.4 mA - perhaps good enough for battery operation and that is with the power LED on. But 2.6mA won't do. Must be some current flowing through the RST pin, though detaching it does not show a power reduction. The LED, I've read is worth 0.3 to 0.4 mA, so that cant be it. Detaching VCC is my only last connection and that would be pointless. I'm stumped. So many problems, so little time.