A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By edfungus
#35788 Hey All!

This is a side project I have been working for everyone's esp8266/iot device!

http://crouton.mybluemix.net/ (on IBM bluemix servers) (Starter esp8266 Lua code also provided on site)

After getting a esp8266 over the summer, and started tinkering, I realized that many IOT device will need an online interface to be truly usable. One interface for one device was not scalable, therefore it made sense to create an interface that can dynamically change to fit the need of any IOT devices. As a result, Crouton is a flexible interface with many dashboard visualization and control options for many IOT device needs. Utilizing MQTT and JSON, while connected as a MQTT client itself, Crouton functions in a resilient distributed system.

To use Crouton, there is no frontend programming involved, only passing a json string and Crouton does the rest!

TL;DR: Cool dashboard anyone can use for their esp8266/IOT devices. Check it out and tell me what you think! Feedback is always appreciated :)

My background: Love frontend and embedded systems development. Studied biomedical engineering and now a software engineer at one of the largest industrial internet company