A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Mateus Vicente
#35878 Hi all,

I have a question concerning the ESP8266 module.
I am thinking about use it on my project but I don't know if it will be suitable for what I need to do.

Work with one is fine. But is it possible to have more than one module connected to one server (I will use a Raspberry Pi to send the messages), with each module having a specific address so that it is possible to control each ESP8266 individually (sending addressed messages over the internet)?

Thanks for the help.
By Aditya Tannu
#36940 Yes, you can use something like MQTT where you can publish messages on different topics. Each ESP8266 module can subscribe to one or more topics. esp8266/arduino already has support for MQTT. All you need is an MQTT broker running on a computer or Raspberry Pi.

I'm doing something similar. http://adityatannu.com/blog/post/2015/1 ... ories.html
By AJB2K3
#36969 Can the C/S pin not be used here?

Each esp connects to a different network and by pulling the C/s wire indepently the master can communicate to them seperatly.