A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By weisslein
#16836 Hi everybody,

I've implemented a scenario with this ntp firmware 0.9.4 based on the ESP01. The NTP offers me the chance to handle the data via time scheduling.Thanks for the opportunity so far! :D
But now, I've a must requirement to use the ESPs in an environment without internet access.thus I haven't got the possibility to call pool.ntp.org. instead of these pool servers I have installed a local ntp server in the network, which I now want to call.

Does someone know, how I can reach this?
Currently I have made some investigations based on the github rep https://github.com/TomerCo/ESP8266-AT
I've found the sntp.c and I would adapted it in the following way:
#if SNTP_SERVER_DNS /* wil be set to 0 */
#define SNTP_SERVER_ADDRESS "pool.ntp.org" /* will be deleted or empty*/
#else
#define SNTP_SERVER_ADDRESS "213.161.194.93" /* will be adapted to the local IP */
#endif
Would that solve my problem?
But the repository contains only the src code of SDK 0.9.3 and the AT cmd v20.
Is the source code with the ntp firmware based on SDK 0.9.4 somewhere available?
So, that I can adjust it according to my needs, rebuild/make it and flash finally the ESP.

any help appreciated!

Thx in advance!

Regards
Weisslein
By weisslein
#18009 hi everybody,

in the meanwhile I updated the SDK 0.9.4 source files with the AT files from Tomer and adapted as mentioned above the sntp.c. After the setup for the toolchain I was able to build the SDK 0.9.4 with the adapted sources and now I can use the ESP module with my local NTP server.

regards
Jörg