A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Jeija
#37783 Video of me testing the compass on the smartwatch:

I have been working on this project for quite some time, now I'm finally at the stage to show you something. I have always liked the idea customizing consumer electronics devices, so I gave a WiFi smartwatch based on the ESP8266 a try. Here are the specs:
  • ESP8266 with 32Mbit of flash memory
  • MPU-9250 gyroscope, accelerometer with integrated AK8963 magnetometer
  • RV3029 Real Time Clock
  • Temperature sensor (measure mostly body temperature)
  • FT232RQ for USB communication
  • SSD1306 OLED Display, 128x64
  • 3 Buttons
  • MCP73831 LiPo charger
  • 250mAh LiPo battery
  • Dimensions: 35 * 39 * 11mm
  • WiFi with chip antenna

I designed the PCB in KiCad and got it made by Seeedstudio. It was surprisingly easy to solder even the tiny QFN parts using a hot air gun and good solder paste. The ESP8266 communicates with the peripherals on an I²C bus. In the video, the ESP8266, the FT232RQ and the 32Mbit flash chip is hidden underneath the LCD screen.
Now I need to write drivers for more functions (accelerometer, gyroscope, ...), get a wristband and 3d-print a case.

I haven't released any documentation, code or PCB designs yet, but I will do once I have made some more progress. If you need any code / ... now, feel free to contact me.
By solkirans
#39810 Hello

I'm very happy about your wearable project with ESP8266. Congrats to you.

I'm also designing a wearable which have ESP8266, GSM, Accelerometer, Pulse Oxymeter and GSR. May be we can co-operate.

If you want to co-operate, you can contact me from "mert.solkiran@gmail.com".

Best Regards