A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By kartman
#14663 To decode timing issues, i've used the PCs sound card and audacity. If you have a saleae logic, even better. The esp8266 seems to have trouble doing hard realtime stuff as the wifi servicing gets first priority. When using an arduino you don't have those issues. I'd suggest using a little 8pin pic or attiny to do the ir transmission.
By whats_up_skip
kartman wrote:To decode timing issues, i've used the PCs sound card and audacity.

Where or what circuit are you using to connect to the PC sound card?

kartman wrote:The esp8266 seems to have trouble doing hard realtime stuff as the wifi servicing gets first priority.

This is a pity as I see the advantage of ESP8266 was the reduction in parts and costs, but may be it is just asking too much from this chip.
By kartman
#15466 No circuit required to hook it up. Plenty of info on the interwebs - google 'soundcard oscilloscope'
I'd suggest using a cheapy usb sound dongle - if you zap it, it is easy to replace.
By b8dm0j0
samprice wrote:I got mine working to turn off my tv.
I ended up using the Arduino IR code, and modified a bit.
Ill post my code in a couple of weeks after I get it cleaned up a bit more.

sankar wrote:https://github.com/nodemcu/nodemcu-firmware/blob/master/lua_examples/irsend.lua
This works now properly. If you are facing any issues please give detailed explanation to give a solution for that. Yes the nodemcu works.

Hey guys, I'm late to the party. Now looking to implement a IR Blaster with the ESP8266 as well. Have you guys made any headway with LUA? I came across a Youtube video by a fellow called Andrei who has seemed to achieved it. But he is using node.js with MQTT and also compiled his own firmware from the Espressif SDK, overall his method/code seems to be a really elegant solution. Whachu guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ku1HAMl4tU