A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By sankar
#9164 Thanks Admin. I am working on converting Arduino IRremote library to ESP8266 native one to use ESP8266's GPIO. For that trying to generate PWM of 36-40KHz (default range for major IR remote). I am doing the stuff in lua(NodeMCU), i have used pwm.setclock(38000) since it didn't throw any error i have continued writing the encoder logic in lua. When i was testing, the PWM was 1KHz and that is the max right now available in NodeMCU :oops: . Any suggestions or pointing for achieving PWM of 36-40KHz?. Since no hardware PWM is available, is software PWM will be sufficient for an IRremote application.
By lethe
#9191 According to this viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1486&start=10#p9105 it should be possible to generate a 38kHz signal on a gpio pin, so if Lua doesn't currently support it, you might be able to patch it. And if it doesn't work, you could alwaysmresort to using a 555 timer to gernerate the 38kHz in hardware (with the added benefit of saving CPU cycles).
By samprice
#9370 I was able to get the pwm signal out using the system_get_time to time the ir codes, petting the watchdog, and using the arduino IR code to modulate the pwm signal.

LIRC can see the codes coming out on my laptop, but im not sure how to capture the codes for my televisions remote yet...