A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By markingle
#52956 The NodeMCU 1.0 on a breadboard...Its ugly at the moment but it works! Well sort of....cant access any web pages

These errors are preventing the webpages to be imaged into espfs

R libesphttpd.a
cc -I../../lib/heatshrink -I../../include -I.. -std=gnu99 -DESPFS_HEATSHRINK -c -o main.o main.c
main.c:79:38: warning: passing 'char *' to parameter of type 'uint8_t *' (aka 'unsigned char *') converts between pointers to integer types with different sign [-Wpointer-sign]
sres=heatshrink_encoder_sink(enc, inp, insize, &len);
^~~
../../lib/heatshrink/heatshrink_encoder.h:97:14: note: passing argument to parameter 'in_buf' here
uint8_t *in_buf, size_t size, size_t *input_size);
^
main.c:85:38: warning: passing 'char *' to parameter of type 'uint8_t *' (aka 'unsigned char *') converts between pointers to integer types with different sign [-Wpointer-sign]
pres=heatshrink_encoder_poll(enc, outp, outsize, &len);
^~~~
../../lib/heatshrink/heatshrink_encoder.h:102:14: note: passing argument to parameter 'out_buf' here
uint8_t *out_buf, size_t out_buf_size, size_t *output_size);
^
2 warnings generated.
cc -I../../lib/heatshrink -I../../include -I.. -std=gnu99 -DESPFS_HEATSHRINK -c -o heatshrink_encoder.o heatshrink_encoder.c
cc -o mkespfsimage main.o heatshrink_encoder.o
usage: find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] [-f path] path ... [expression]
find [-H | -L | -P] [-EXdsx] -f path [path ...] [expression]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Cicero
markingle wrote:I see Kittens! I will take some time to document what I had to change in the project files in order to get this working on my Mac.

I apologize for all of the post.....an nice walk to clear the head works every time!

Mark

HI Mark,

That's great! From the debug output previously it looks like you aren't using a router, so DHCP is failing.

Where about's are you now in the whole process? I'd appreciate it if you could post your changes for mac's here as well, then I'll add them to the readme on github. Or you could update the readme yourself.
By markingle
#53012 Yes I need to get a network connection going with a DHCP service. All of my testing at this point has been with AP mode on the ESP. My AirPort Extreme wireless network is protected so I need to add a UID and pwd for the SSID. Unfortunately I cannot find the code where the SSID, UID and pwd can be set. I am a beginner level C programmer so it will take some time to follow the logic. The APE also has wired connections in the rear. I plan to test the wired connection later this evening after work. As long as I have the code configured right I should get an IP address via the wired connection.

I will definitely post the changes to get this project running on OSX.