A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Cicero
markingle wrote:Yes I need to get a network connection going with a DHCP service. All of my testing at this point has been with AP mode on the ESP. My AirPort Extreme wireless network is protected so I need to add a UID and pwd for the SSID. Unfortunately I cannot find the code where the SSID, UID and pwd can be set. I am a beginner level C programmer so it will take some time to follow the logic. The APE also has wired connections in the rear. I plan to test the wired connection later this evening after work. As long as I have the code configured right I should get an IP address via the wired connection.

I will definitely post the changes to get this project running on OSX.

If you're connecting in AP mode, then just scan for wifi networks by clicking the "If you haven't connected this device to your WLAN network now, you can do so" link, select your AirPort Extreme wifi SSID, enter the password and click connect. That'll automatically save all your wifi details, its built into Sprites esphttpd project.

For the wired connection, plug it into the rear, and monitor the serial output, it'll tell you what IP is was given from DHCP.
By markingle
#53063 Yes I tried clicking on the "do so" link but it does not work. I get "Not found". The link is pointing to 192.168.4.1/wifi/wifi.tpl. Upon reviewing th source code in the html directory cannot find that file either. I assume it was dynamically created or part of a missing library.

I did find connecting.html and typed the link in manually but page just indicated it was trying to connect and nothing happens.....if forget the exact verbiage on the page
By Cicero
markingle wrote:Yes I tried clicking on the "do so" link but it does not work. I get "Not found". The link is pointing to 192.158.4.1/wifi/wifi.tpl. Upon reviewing th source code in the html directory cannot find that file either. I assume it was dynamically created or part of a missing library.

FFS, you're right its not there, my commit to github was all whack!! I apologise for that.

I've added it now. But I'm gonna do a good look through it all and make sure nothing else is missing.