A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By hdrut
#45392 Hello all,

I've been working on this project for a couple of weeks now, and decided I was going to post my progress since apparently this is a hot topic.

Let me first warn you about the following points:

- There doesn't seem to be a way of getting real video out of OV7670, since the amount of data is excessive for the ESP8266 to handle (50KB per frame for QCIF resolution). This version is able to get 1 frame every 2,5 seconds aprox.
Perhaps with an SPI port expander we can do better, that's going to be my next target...

- As you all know, GPIOs available are very limited, so my testbench requires to switch over a number of pins after downloading the program/booting.

- Code is AS IS. Though I'm sure it can be improved in many ways, it works for me and I don't have much time to clean it up.

- Perhaps the most valuable part of my work are OV7670 registers configuration. It took me many hours to realise the correct values !!

Having said that, here´s the code:

https://bitbucket.org/hdrut/ov7670_w_esp8266

And for testing purposes, there's also a small Java server that gets the stills and saves them to disk.

Questions/comments are welcome!
Last edited by hdrut on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By RichardS
#45395 Very nice, but I do not see any files on BitBucket :-)

Thanks!

RichardS
By RichardS
#45456 thanks!

RichardS