The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Giallino
#9124 Hi all,
I'm just playing with the ESP8266 WiFi module and I'm able to send or request data to/from webserver on internet.
The next thing I woul like to do, is to connect to the ESP8266 from the internet (with a web browser), just to do a local server on the ESP8266 that can be accessed from the Internet. I tried in several manner but I hadn't no luck, can someone hel me on this?
Regards to all
By Finnduino
#9159 Here basic port forwarding. If using mobile broadband, please note that in many countries mobile connections do not have open ports, I mean end user is behind carrier NAT and it's not IoT-hobby friendly:
http://superuser.com/questions/753754/n ... forwarding

But some operators are offering fixed ip or NAT'less subscription if pay extra
By Giallino
#9181 Thank you to you all. I solved the problem like you claimed with the port forwarding.
In the beginning, I made a mistake because I started the ESP8266 in access point / standard mode (CWMODE=3), so I had two IP adresses, the first one of the AP (192.168.4.1) that I think it is fixed and cannot be changed, the other one IP address 192.168.0.X (local to my home network).
So I was confused regarding the IP to use, the first or the second? Moreover, I was just done the port forwarding, but on the router I opened one port (XXXX) and the request from internet was made to the ESP8266 server on another port (YYYY), so the port forwarding could not be done. Now, I started the ESP8266 in standard mode only (CWMODE=1) and I made the request to right ESP8266 server port and all worked well. Now, I have another question regarding the SDK, but I think this is not the right section, I will post it on another place.
For the moment thank you and I hope this experience may be good for someone other.