The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Rural
#26636 If you have a web interface working on your ESP8266 locally, you are just a couple of steps away from getting it working on the larger Internet. Just set up port forwarding on your router. Depending on your ISP, you might have to use an obscure port (ie. something other than 80) as they might not allow web servers running at home. However, if you care about security, you are going to want to do more.

For read-only access, with no parameter processing, to something I really don't care about, I wouldn't have issues port forwarding from the Internet to an ESP8266 on my local network. However, for anything with parameters, anything at all, I would want a login page and all communications to/from the outside world to go through an SSL proxy (ie. nginx). If this were to be something that could become popular, I'd want a genuine SSL certificate, but if it were just for my own access, a self-signed certificate would do.
By sigrokBlack
#26657 Hi,
you can setup a VPN server on your router. So when you need to access the esp, you enter the VPN from where you are and done!

When your device connectes to VPN it sends data to any server trough e.g your router.
It's the same as if your device would be logged into your WLAN.

Regards
Joshua
By SRA
#37033 Hello friend
The documentary can give more detail how you managed to receive and send data from your www ESP?
What version uses the ESP? what files you loaded?
It can inpartasesti this wonderful project with me and others here or if it's slightly longer through my e-mail?
publicitate77@gmail.com
Thanks anticipac .... I think many looking much the problem that you seem enlightened you gave on end.
I until now I did not make the connection and even a button on the site www react with my ESP unfortunately :( :oops: