The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Rajiv
#84387 Hi,

I am a software engineer by profession. Lately, just last week I fell upon the idea of reviving my childhood hobby electronics. But with serious intentions. As a part of it I want to convert all my conventional 220 V switch to smart switch which not only operates like a conventional switch but also can be operated by a app and Alexa voice command. Being a software engineer building a app wont be a problem but I am stuck with a circuit which can use Esp8266 and relay to create a smart switch. Some thing like sonoff mini or shelly 2.5

I intend to install the smart switch inside existing switch box. I am not willing to buy the switch out of box because it kills the fun, its expensive as lot of import duty, I am concerned of safety.

I believe if I build it I will be more in control of quality.

Can some one help me out where I can get such circuit diagram. Also I am open to any firmware other than tasmota.

If this is not right forum for this post. Please move to right forum and pardon me for the mistake.

Thanks in advance,
By Luc Volders
#84389 Long time ago I made a setup with an esp8266 that controlled a relay over a webpage AND wit a manual override using switches.
The software is in LUA but can easily be adapted in another language.

Schematics on my site and the software to:
https://lucstechblog.blogspot.com/2016/ ... erver.html

Maybe it helps you a bit further.
I am using cheap relays from china and they only need to be attached with 1 pin to an ESP8266 or ESP32.

Luc
By Hmunayco
#84579 Hello
I tested this circuit and work very well.
I used the nodeMcu v3.0
the 3v is of Nodemcu module and the output is of 3v too.
if you want, you need to use a transistor 2n3904 with 330 ohm resistor to driving a relay to more voltaje.

Good luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.