The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By ajaymccollum
#88695 I have a D1 mini dimming some LEDs through a MOSFET via PWM. One of the 5 pins that are being used this way is D8(GPIO15), and I read that this pin needs to be LOW in order to boot properly. I would guess that the pin is reading the 24V supply voltage through the transistor which is throwing it off of its boot when the whole board is powered on.
What's confusing, is that it will only do this sometimes. I put a 4.7k resistor on this pin to ground, attempting to pull it 'more' down, thoroughly tested this on a prototype board, and it worked every time; failing to boot without the resistor, and successfully booting with. So I went ahead and made and soldered all 8 boards I wanted, thinking I fixed it, and during the course of testing each board, I was still finding the same problem, despite the resistor in the circuit. So it really does SEEM to be random whether it successfully boots when power is applied or not.
So, I know that I could have maybe done a delayed on with a 555 timer and a relay for that pin, but since the boards are already made and soldered, I was hoping maybe there was something more simple I could add to the board or program...or if what I diagnosed is even the problem! Thanks for your guy's time.