The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Motarded
#89132 Hey all,
I'm in the works of making a Wi-Fi IR remote and app. I currently have a NodeMCU running a webserver that works perfectly paired with a custom Android app and it all works flawlessly.

However, I'm trying to make another setup with an ESP-01 with the same webserver Arduino code I made, and the webserver is running when plugged into my computer and I can connect to it. My issue is when I have the ESP-01 powered by a 3.3V/5V Power Supply Module, the webserver never launches. I figured it was the power supply, so I checked to make sure it's supplying 3.3v to the ESP-01, which it is. Any other thoughts of why the webserver won't work when not connected to my computer?
By Motarded
#89308 Okay, so I think I might have found an issue. I originally posted this about 2 weeks ago but just finally got approved. It's been on a breadboard, and I have tried many different ways of powering it. My current set up has a blank micro usb adapter, to a 5v to 3.3v converter (gives 3.3v fine) but the ESP is only drawing about 5miliamps.

I went further with this test, using the programming adapter, which works and hosts the webserver perfectly fine when connected directly to the adapter and plugged into my computer. I went to test how much it's drawing through the adapter by adding jumpers between the adapter and the ESP, but again, it will not host the webserver. Removed jumpers, plugged directly into the adapter, and it works.

What I am now thinking is that the jumpers I am using will not allow the ESP to draw the current it needs?