The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By ChristopheDR
#93517 Hi,
I'm planning to put some sensors in my greenhouse (BME280, soil moisture sensor, ...) to experiment with the collected data.
Problem is that my ESP8266 / ESP32 is having issues with connecting to my Wifi network.
Isn't a greenhouse to be considered to be a Faraday cage, which blocks all signals?
Any idea's on how to improve the connectivity? I've read about turning an ESP32 into a Wifi repeater, might this help? Should I try using LORA boards?
Thanks in advance
By ChristopheDR
#93519 Bonzo, two walls + the greenhouse, distance about 20 meters between router and greenhouse. It's just that the Wifi reception on my smartphone inside the greenhouse (with closed door) is very weak or even not possible, so that worries me.
By mgsecord62
#93520 You could use a Wemos D1 Mini Pro with external antenna connector and mount the antenna on the outside wall of the building. This has worked well for me in outside buildings with poor reception.

https://amazon.com/Mayata-External-Connector-ESP-8266EX-Development/dp/B07G9HZ5LM/ref=sr_1_11?crid=13A4SPFQRFL3V&keywords=wemos+d1+mini&qid=1643656559&sprefix=wemos+d1+mini+%2Caps%2C118&sr=8-11