The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By bbx10node
#30989 I have not seen much difference using MQTT versus HTTP POST but I am not using a mesh network. The broker/server (raspberry pi) and the WiFi clients are connected to the same WiFi router.
By yoavshtainer
#32904 hi all!

in the past few days, i'm trying to use the mesh examples on esp-01 (arduino IDE 1.6.5 examples)
and it not work good for me (in the example of HelloMesh i get only data not the "Hello world request." i think that the data is the request but i'm not sure...). anyone can help me to undestand how to use mesh on the esp? :?
By Stampede
#32950 Hi,

I haven't gotten mine to work yet but I found an interesting github page. It looks like they modified the Arduino Mesh project to work.
https://github.com/jtfell/WiFiMesh-ESP8 ... loMesh.ino

I haven't tried it myself but it looks promising. Let me know if you are able to get yours to work!
My next step is to read through the Arduino Library files for clues on how to properly implement the network, and then I may even see if I can read through the files on the Espressif Mesh Network firmware release. There is no clear way or set of rules on how to implement this type of network so it's going to take a lot of digging on our end.