The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By scargill
#35975 Excellent - I noted when looking at that framework they have a circular colour controller - you planning on implementing that (for RGB lights)??

4refr0nt wrote:
scargill wrote:A point... when closing and opening the phone - only sometimes - you open the phone and the app says disconnected. Hit the refresh icon and it reconnects and all is well but this should happen automatically.. Seems to be in the status of not connected after I leave the phone alone to time out (Samsung S4)..and then pick it up and use...

Yes, its IoT Manager bug.
In Settings you can manage option "Reconnect after connection lost", but in this version IoT Manager reconnecting not working.
Sorry, this bug will fixed in futere version.
By 4refr0nt
scargill wrote:Excellent - I noted when looking at that framework they have a circular colour controller - you planning on implementing that (for RGB lights)??

Any other HTML5 and javascript widgets can be in IoT Manager, not only included in Ionic Framework.
External (on internet or on device) image may be work too.
I need ideas for new widgets.
By scargill
#35979 Oh well you're talking to the right man then!

So you have on-off buttons - and you have sliders and LEDs.

RGB (or CMYK) controller - has to be simple - see the BLYNK zRGBra - but it's too big as their pages are fixed size.
LCD display - or rather - just a rectangular display - maybe option to be half width or full width to accept status info.
Pushbutton - ie gives 1 when pressed, 0 when released.
Graph for temperature/humidity
Dial/Gauge - to show temperature/humidity/pressure/battery voltage

Will that do for starters :-)

I've only played with your sliders up to now including initialising them from Node-Red - great - this has potential...

4refr0nt wrote:
scargill wrote:Excellent - I noted when looking at that framework they have a circular colour controller - you planning on implementing that (for RGB lights)??

Any other HTML5 and javascript widgets can be in IoT Manager, not only included in Ionic Framework.
By scargill
#35980 Oh and for controlling heating, on off times etc, little up and down arrows.. so you could show peak temperature for example or on/off time and next to it have little up and down arrows to preset.

If you take a look at the THIRD photo here - http://tech.scargill.net/nextion-revisited/

This is on a serial touch display (Nextion) for my stat controller - but I can't do that on the phone as all the controls around are too big...

4refr0nt wrote: