The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By mariuszb
#39152 Thanks for answer :)

Its may be good idea in future, but we needed "backward compatibilities" for older sketches.

backward compatibility will continue, older solutions will still wait 0.5 sek and then send configuration.
New solution instead of ticking time send configuration upon receipt of this new information

its broker troubles, but all brokers can receive and send many messages per second.
Config payload send and receive with QoS=1, status message have QoS=0. Several status messages can be discarded by broker (or delayed), for high load traffic of messages, but config messages delivery guarantee by QoS=1.

So eg. your Arduino example:
Code: Select all for (int i = 0; i < nWidgets; i = i + 1) {
      pubStatus(sTopic[i], stat[i]);
      delay(100);
  }     

Is this delay(100) is because of broker, not because of IoTmanager and I do not need to use it ??
(I think my broker is fast enough)

How to change/delete the location of ALL tab ?
By 4refr0nt
mariuszb wrote:backward compatibility will continue, older solutions will still wait 0.5 sek and then send configuration.
New solution instead of ticking time send configuration upon receipt of this new information

What about second and other smartphones? (Now we supported unlimited phones)

Is this delay(100) is because of broker, not because of IoTmanager and I do not need to use it ??

This delay not really needed. You can see another example without delays. I'm not fully tested delays and speed, because this depend configuration: internet connection speed, broker ping, also broker can be run on slow device (router with OpenWRT), and so on. IoT Manager connect to broker via WebSockets and response very fast, but MQTT protocol very heavy for hi speed or RTC solutions, but we send payload from Russia every 200ms in range widget (phone connected via WiFi) without problem to USA cloud server m11.cloudmqtt.com and receive back to Russia all packets in ESP8266 device. This is not bad.

How to change/delete the location of ALL tab ?

Now its imposible. All show always and first.
By mariuszb
What about second and other smartphones? (Now we supported unlimited phones)

Yes, you're right - focused on a number of sensors, I forgot about many phones.
Maybe because I know from experience that artificial delays in transmissions sooner or later give rise to gambling. Maybe later you manage to come up with something :)

I will continue testing :)

Do you have implemented a widget LED only + text, without a button? (perhaps icons?? - several types, status will determine color) ?
and button with Yes/No popup ? ( for functionality where the accidental enable is not advisable)

Regards
Mariusz
By 4refr0nt
mariuszb wrote:Do you have implemented a widget LED only + text, without a button? (perhaps icons?? - several types, status will determine color) ? and button with Yes/No popup ? ( for functionality where the accidental enable is not advisable)

I'm collect new ideas about widgets.
In progres now, for next release, push bittons and 2 (x or y) and 4 (x and y) buttons keypad. May be "thermostat widget" with led and 2 buttons. Also "simple-text" widget ("small-badge" based)
Thanks for "confirm dialog" for push buttons and "icon widget" - this is good ideas.