The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Marek Król
#38802 Hi!
I'm using a little modified implementaition of this: http://www.arduinesp.com/thingspeak on my esp.
The problem is everything works fine when im using normal internet connection, but when i connect with a 3G-wifi router the data from esp is not reaching ThingSpeak server.
When i connect a laptop to this router I can browse webpages with no problem so i figure there should be no problem with sending POST request outside. I know some mobile internet providers block incoming connection ports, but i'm not trying to connect to my esp from the outside network, I just want to send a simple POST request to the srever.
Any ideas? I'm quite new to the esp so maybe I'm missing something obvious.
By prat
#39145 I am also facing the same problem. I made a pushbullet notification using ESP and used my phone teehthring to create wifi access point and got esp connected. It shows connected to server but notifiactions are not through most of the time. say if I try 20 times only once success.I am also looking for solution to this problem. I have not tried through my broadband connection yet.
By thebhef
#48691 Sorry to bump a 6 month old thread, but I'm experiencing this issue too. The ESP connects OK, and I can reach the site I'm trying to reach from the browser on the phone, but the ESP doesn't seem to be sending messages. When I connect to my landline AP, it works fine.

Did either of you guys ever figure this out? Espressif employees? I could really use some help here.