The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Tomer
#4640 I am guessing that it complains about objcopy and objdump command?
If thats the case backup the gen_misc.sh script you have, then run this command:

sed -i -e 's/xt-objcopy/xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy/' -e 's/xt-objdump/xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump/' gen_misc.sh

and try running it again.
By alonewolfx2
Tomer wrote:I am guessing that it complains about objcopy and objdump command?
If thats the case backup the gen_misc.sh script you have, then run this command:

sed -i -e 's/xt-objcopy/xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy/' -e 's/xt-objdump/xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump/' gen_misc.sh

yes objcopy and obj dump. i tried your solution but its not working. here is full log

Code: Select allesp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ sed -i -e 's/xt-objcopy/xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy/' -e 's/xt-objdump/xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump/' gen_misc.sh
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ ./gen_misc.sh
bash: ./gen_misc.sh: Permission denied
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ sudo ./gen_misc.sh
[sudo] password for esp8266:
Sorry, try again.
sudo: ./gen_misc.sh: command not found
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump -x -s eagle.app.v6.out > ../../../../../bin/eagle.app.v6.dump
bash: ../../../../../bin/eagle.app.v6.dump: Permission denied
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ sudo su
root@esp8266-VirtualBox:/home/esp8266/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app# xt-objdump -x -s eagle.app.v6.out > ../../../../../bin/eagle.app.v6.dump
xt-objdump: command not found
root@esp8266-VirtualBox:/home/esp8266/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app# sed -i -e 's/xt-objcopy/xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy/' -e 's/xt-objdump/xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump/' gen_misc.sh
root@esp8266-VirtualBox:/home/esp8266/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app# xt-objdump -x -s eagle.app.v6.out > ../../../../../bin/eagle.app.v6.dumpxt-objdump: command not found
root@esp8266-VirtualBox:/home/esp8266/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app#
By bkrajendra
#4667 Hey @alonewolfx2
Sorry but im not good wth all these linux stuff. fortunately it worked out of box for me with lubuntu VM.
I'm good in windows but not familiar with these make file commands. :(

Thats why Sprite_tm like Makefile works for me even in windows.
And espressif type of Makefile only works in Lubuntu, as all xtcc and other variables are properly configured there.

Let me tell you about my VM enviornment:
1) I've original lubuntu VM downloaded from official expressif.
2) Also ive configured Crosstool.NG on it.

So i always put all my project at "/opt/Espressif"

3) gen_misc.sh file is always located in app folder. so run it from there.

Try if these things can help you!
By Tomer
alonewolfx2 wrote:
Tomer wrote:I am guessing that it complains about objcopy and objdump command?

yes objcopy and obj dump. i tried your solution but its not working. here is full log

Code: Select allesp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ sed -i -e 's/xt-objcopy/xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy/' -e 's/xt-objdump/xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump/' gen_misc.sh
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ ./gen_misc.sh
bash: ./gen_misc.sh: Permission denied
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ sudo ./gen_misc.sh
Sorry, try again.
sudo: ./gen_misc.sh: command not found
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump -x -s eagle.app.v6.out > ../../../../../bin/eagle.app.v6.dump
bash: ../../../../../bin/eagle.app.v6.dump: Permission denied
esp8266@esp8266-VirtualBox:~/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app$ sudo su
root@esp8266-VirtualBox:/home/esp8266/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app# xt-objdump -x -s eagle.app.v6.out > ../../../../../bin/eagle.app.v6.dump
xt-objdump: command not found
root@esp8266-VirtualBox:/home/esp8266/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app# sed -i -e 's/xt-objcopy/xtensa-lx106-elf-objcopy/' -e 's/xt-objdump/xtensa-lx106-elf-objdump/' gen_misc.sh
root@esp8266-VirtualBox:/home/esp8266/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app# xt-objdump -x -s eagle.app.v6.out > ../../../../../bin/eagle.app.v6.dumpxt-objdump: command not found
root@esp8266-VirtualBox:/home/esp8266/esp_iot_rtos_sdk/app#

I see the error messages, and i'll try to address them one by one:
First you are getting permission denied, which seems like you don't have execution permission for the gen_misc.sh script -
Code: Select allchmod +x gen_misc.sh
should fix this problem, if still get this error , please paste the output of
Code: Select allls -l gen_misc.sh

Then you are using sudo and getting command not found error , which probably means that you did not execute it from the correct folder).

Are you also trying to execute the commands manually?