The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Ha Diep
#44617 Hi everyone,
I wanna build-in a system collect data using ESP8266 about 200 nodes. I will use STM32 + ESP8266, data collected are upload on cloud. I don't know how about it?
Everyone can give me a solve?
Thanks.
By An Doan
#45462 I am not sure about your plan :? . Can you share more detail how you want them working together?
Are you using ESP8266 only for internet connection? or as an mcu?
I have a weather station running with DHT11 & ESP8266-v12 only and they still give me the data I needed.
By ThomasJay
#45614 I would thing you can just use the ESP6288 to collect your data, maybe a simple input from a closure or maybe I2C.

Once you have the data on the chip, then you can connect to a WiFi and send your data.

You will need a back end server.

If you want to be able to connect something like a phone to the device you can just run a local web server on the ESP6288 and then view a web page, you could have a more advanced system using a Web Service.

If you want to have 200 nodes and the notes are in different places then you might need a server to send data to.

You also need to decide what your going to do with the data. If you want to download the data and use if locally then lots of services will work. If you need to make a decision based on the data content or difference from the last reading then you need a WorkFlow / Rules Engine.

I have a new system that I'm looking for Alpha Testers, its a IoT BaaS (Back end as a Service) with a Rules Engine.

I have sample ESP6288 code to get you started as well.