The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By ThomasJay
#45613 Since there is not enough IoT Platforms in the world, I have been working on building a full end to end system over the last two years and I'm ready to get some outside input.

I'm looking for Alpha Testers.

The platform supports the ESP-12e, I have sample firmware that can connect up to the servers and send data as well as receive actions.

The servers has two primary features, it allows you to register a device and then send readings, the readings can then be viewed on a graph or downloaded.

There is a full Rest/JSON API for the data access.

Whats different in this one?

This has a Rules Engine, this allows you to upload a script that is executed every time a new reading is submitted, the script can be used to look at the current data and previous data to make a decision on, this could be as simple as let the data get stored to more complex like send out an SMS notification or Push Notification to an iOS app.

The system also supports Actions, this means that the device in the field can be told to do something, maybe as simple as close a relay.

Think of the simple use-case of one device (somewhere) getting an indication of something and then sending this to the server, the rules engine decides that a device needs to do something so it sends a commend to another connected device to close a contact.

We have software to setup the ESP6288 as an Access Point, you can setup your own SSID and Password for the network, it can then connect to the local WiFi for data usage but the setup is thru a simple AP HTML setup page.

Once a connection is made, the server will know if the device is offline or not and rules can be ran when it comes online or goes offline.

As long as a device is "Connected" using our tunnel protocol then it can receive Commands from the server so you do not need any special network setup or router config to be able to send Action commands to a device.

What do you think?

I need help testing.

We build boards and help people with Industrial IoT, I wanted to make this so everyone could have a simple server solution.

I plan on making everything Open Source and you will be able to install the server code on your own servers if you want.

www.control2me.com

Thanks, Tom