The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By lozi_dani
#46034 Hi everyone! I hope you can help me

I am using the ESP8266-01 module, which have 2 GPIO pins (GPIO0 and GPIO2). I have read that it is possible to add more GPIO pins using the other pins in the module in a specific way. Some people talks about to add GPIO15, but after read some threads, i was not able to understand.

What i am trying to do is to connect a camera (an ArduCAM mini ov5642) to this module to see what is watching through a webpage, but ESP01 has only 2 GPIOs and i need 4 to connect the pins of the camera.

This camera has 8 pins, but after some experiments, i've seen that only need 6 to see what is displaying, specifically CS, MISO, MOSI and SCK to the module, and VCC and GND.

There is an example of this camera working in a webpage but using ESP12, so it is not useful to me. I think that, after reading a lot about MISO and MOSI pins, maybe I can use the CS (chip select) MOSI and SCK to three GPIOs and MISO (Master In Slave Out), maybe to RX pin of the module, because (correct me if i am wrong) MISO transmit info from the camera to the module and RX is an input of the module, so i think that I could use 3 GPIOs of the ESP01 and RX pin to make it works.

My problem is that i am not able to understand, after reading some forums, how to add a new GPIO using the pins I have in ESP01.

Could someome help me to know how to add a new GPIO and to know if I can use RX pin of ESP01 as an input?

Please I really need help!!