I have a few questions about ESP8266 D1 mini. I plan to use it in a simple system. I will hook this things to it:
1) 2x red led, 2x green led. Only 2 leds will be turned on at the same time, if all is working well, 2 green ones will glow, if there are any errors in the system, 1 or 2 red ones will glow. I will use such resistor that each led will draw at most 10mA, possibly even 5mA, since the system will be in a dark place and leds will be clearly visible even at low power. I plan to power them from the esp8266 but if there is a better way, i would like to hear it.
2) relay board with 2 relays on it. Relay itself will be powered from external source and esp8266 will only send signal to either 1 or both relays at the same time
3) 4x DHT22 sensor that will be powered by the esp8266 itself
I have a few questions.
1) is this setup within safety margins regarding how much juice the ESP8266 can suply ? If not, is there a better way of doing this ?
2) usualy when doing things with esp8266 board pins, i just start at D0 and then keep adding things to pins i need. So in this case i would look leds to pins D0 - D3, relay board to D4 - D5 and DHT22 sensors to pins D6 - D9. Is this an ok way or should i use certain pins for certain thing ? I am not using pwm or USART or anything like that at the moment so i am asking purely from the perspective of power handling of different pins and what is optimal.
3) all 10 devices will be connected to the same ground pin on esp8266 board (when i say esp8266 pin i mean esp8266 board pin), will that be a problem ?