Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Raihaan
rudy wrote:No it can't. Why do you think it should? Just because it would be more convenient for you? :roll

I see... Guess I shouldn't trust Quora for answers... So if I want to use the CH340g, I should tie the V3 pin to VCC (3V3) for 3V3 operation?

I guess that seems reasonable, except that ( :o ) when I connect my ESP-07 to my chinese Arduino Mega Clone (with CH340g), it works perfectly normally (rx-->rx, tx-->tx with the ATMega2560's RESET grounded) - the working voltage of the ATMega in this case is 5V, so clearly the CH340g is running in 5V mode. But it still supports the ESP (I can program it just like with a proper FTDI converter). Does that mean that the converter is operating at 3V3 but can still interface with the Arduino?

And a question that has been bugging me for a while... When the CH340g is in 3V3 mode, will the D+ and D- pins be readable by computer USB ports... I know it's not 5V so I'm not sure...

(Clone board in question is this one: https://www.openimpulse.com/blog/products-page/product-category/mega-2560-development-board-compatible-arduino/