Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By elevation
#2600 I have not gotten the modules I ordered yet, but if things works as i expect, I would as a next step really want a dev board with access to all GPIO pins, specially the ADC! Since I don't think I have the skills to draw the schematics or solder the circuits i would like to get a ready one!

Have you considered to develop next version of this board as a "kickstarter" project, and maybe find someone who can assemble boards also and not just make the PCB:s?

//Mattias
By Sjaak
#2624 assembling this board (or other smd boards) isn;t as hard as it seems. You can use solderpaste (like 5 USD on ebay) and apply it on the pads, put the components on their place and throw it in an oven (better not use it for food afterwards ;)) and reflow it.

I personally like soldering SMD more then PTH ;)
By Sjaak
#3013 Claude was kind enough to send me a spare PCB and some parts he used (the antenna and xtal were the parts I didn't have). Here are some pictures of the built.

IMG_20141120_151139.jpg

IMG_20141120_153706.jpg

I couldn't test the board (but Claude assured me his was working O_o) due to private circumstances. I hope to do so this weekend. Everyhting looked fine, but I ordered some bare ESP chips and flashs from mainland china, so perhaps it will end up tricky in the end ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.