Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By BRV64
#75868 In my case I'm using the These regulators in cascade.

MC78M12BDTG
KA7805ERTF
NCP1117DT33G

I attached the schematic i'm following
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
#75869 @ kevirek

The screen capture you posted looks like it is working. The ESP8266 spits out some diagnostic information initially at 74880. After that it would be set for whatever baudrate the running application programmed it for.

When the baud rate matches the power up default you see what you posted (or something like it). And the tail end of that, the stuff that is on the last line, is probably the application's output that is being sent at a different baud rate.

I typically use 115200 for my programs. On a reset the diagnostic stuff appears as a line of crap because it didn't match the 115200 baud rate that my terminal window is set for. If my application sends something out the serial port it will appear at the end of the line of crap. (I typically send out a linefeed first so that my stuff appears on the next line)

I never use the ESP modules with the shipped program so I don't know what to expect. I did find this at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12401

First, your board might talk at any of several baud rates. The ones to try first are 9600 and 115200. Then 57600 and/or 76800 (38400 * 2). Note the noise when you reset the device (pull the RST pin to ground) is typically some bootup messages at 76800. But there should be a ”ready“ message at the selected baud rate if your UART Rx is wired correctly.

If your UART Tx rate is correct, then try typing ”AT“ followed by Ctrl-M and Ctrl-J (both carriage return and linefeed are needed). This should return an ”OK“. And you are now ready to start working with the ESP8266. It should echo the characters as you type them.