Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By PhilTilson
#58140 Regarding your first problem, I believe the charger board senses the presence or absence of a battery and only provides a proper output when the battery is present. So I am not surprised that you were getting unsatisfactory results without a battery.

I would suggest that you a) always have a battery connected and b) use a low-drop-out regulator to provide your 3.3V to the ESP.

My problem is slightly different in that I need the ESP to be on in a standby/monitoring mode on battery power only for many hours. The problem is, if I try to use SLEEP, it will reboot on start-up - and take 30 sec - 1 minute to do so! What I really want is to be able to put it to sleep for 1 second, wake it up to check stuff for about 5mS then go back to sleep again! And all whilst using 5mA or less for 95% of the time!

Phil
By ErikLem
martinayotte wrote:There are many sellers of XC6203 on eBay...

ah, I see. I was searching on aliexpress (and dutch ebay), but only found XC6203P332PR instead of XC6203E33. The datasheet should tell us the difference (http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/8 ... 332PR.html) But I couldn't quite figure it out :o

I think I'm going to give the XC6203E33 a try, since it's in the same package as the regulator I was using before, I can use my existing pcb :)