Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By squix78
#8063 Hi ESP hackers!

I reverse engineered one of those (orange) test boards available on Aliexpress. On the blog post you find a pin out plan and a description of the available components on the board:
http://blog.squix.ch/2015/01/esp8266-te ... eview.html

Cheers,
Dani
By MeNoGeek
#8074 Hey Dani, the reason you had to do that is the board you received doesn't have any silkscreen. But the board on the Aliexpress pictures does... Item not as described, you had a case for a dispute here.

I wanted to tell you that when someone posted a link to your blog post some days ago, but I couldn't since I don't have an account on G+ or any other of those philanthropic companies. By the way, the "s.click." part of the link to the Aliexpress listing looks pretty promising :/
By quantalume
#8093 Hi Dani, thanks so much for your work in reverse engineering the board. I think there is a mistake, which is not your fault. GPIO 4 and 5 should be reversed. Some of the PCB images of the ESP-12 that are floating around the net (including the one in the wiki here) are wrong. Maybe someone else can double-check this.
By sej7278
#8106 seriously? they don't even come with a pinout diagram - and no silkscreen so you can't even follow the traces from the uC?

is everything on aliexpress just shite or what?

the wiki being wrong doesn't really surprise me, but does anyone have a definitive esp-12 pinout?