Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By xchip
#9699 My ESP stopped working, this is what it prints.

I probably wore the flash memory? I probably saved files on it 400 times

i think this happened because i tied to use ESPTool to upload one of my lua scripts while in bootloader mode

Any ideas on how to go back to defautls?

Code: Select allraul@acer-linux:~/Documents$ miniterm.py /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 74480
--- Miniterm on /dev/ttyUSB0: 74480,8,N,1 ---
--- Quit: Ctrl+]  |  Menu: Ctrl+T | Help: Ctrl+T followed by Ctrl+H ---

ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,7)

load 0x40100000, len 30236, room 16
tail 12
chksum
By Jeckert
#13810 I wrote a program that was saving gpio states in a file before deep sleep to compare and send if changes occurred back to my webserver. In worked less than 24 hours and there would not have been many writes since it only updates the file on changes. The result was the same error as you are getting. While I guess there might be many reasons that might cause that error this time I was able to resolve it by flashing back to the AT mode with:

python ../../esptool.py -p /dev/ttyAMA0 write_flash 0x00000 boot_v1.2.bin 0x01000 at/user1.512.new.bin 0x3e000 blank.bin 0x7e000 blank.bin

It then came up working with the AT commands at 115200. Then I flashed it back to nodemcu and it was working again. Good luck I have lost 2 others with similar errors doing none write related things that I was not able to recover.
By CheapB
Jeckert wrote:I wrote a program that was saving gpio states in a file before deep sleep to compare and send if changes occurred back to my webserver. In worked less than 24 hours and there would not have been many writes since it only updates the file on changes. The result was the same error as you are getting. While I guess there might be many reasons that might cause that error this time I was able to resolve it by flashing back to the AT mode with:

python ../../esptool.py -p /dev/ttyAMA0 write_flash 0x00000 boot_v1.2.bin 0x01000 at/user1.512.new.bin 0x3e000 blank.bin 0x7e000 blank.bin

It then came up working with the AT commands at 115200. Then I flashed it back to nodemcu and it was working again. Good luck I have lost 2 others with similar errors doing none write related things that I was not able to recover.

+1