Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By rherrmann
#9853 I have the following setup:

USB-Port1 --> USB-to-Serial-Converter --> RX, TX --> ESP-01 TX, RX
USB-Port2 --> 5V, GND --> LD33V --> VCC/CH_PD, GND

This setup runs fine. I get serial connection at 9600 BAUD and send AT commands.

Now my "problem". If I replace USB-Port2 by an usb powerbank or a 5V USB wall adapter I can see the ESP booting on serial terminal but it doesn't respond to my AT-commands. When I switch back to USB-Port2 all is fine again.

I tested one powerbank (output 2A) and different USB-wall adapters (500ma, 1A, 1.5A) all of them produces the same "error".
By rherrmann
#9902 Thanks! With added ground it works fine. But now I get a new problem. The above described scenario was only for testing purpose. Later I want to use the ESP-01 with an Arduino.

The Arduino shall receive commands by an 433MHz receiver and send them via the ESP-01 to a server. So without the ground between Arduino and ESP-01 I couldn't get a proper serial connection between them both. But now with the linked ground, I get an "noise" on the 5V lines of the Arduino, so that the 433MHz receiver only produces gibberish data signals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.