Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By SGHristov
#10141 Couple a days ago I decided to make a dev/breakout board for my ESP-07. So here it is. Everyone can make that board with toner transfer method. The pdf is mirrored, so it's ready for use ;)

The etching of the board wasn't so good, but it's working.
So the components: caps: 10u@35V, 1led + 270Om resistor, pull up/down resistors (the value isn't so important, something around 5-10K), resistor divider for 3.3/5v level conversion, 2 buttons, foiled board.

The buttons are connecting GPIO0 and CH_PD to GND so the module can be rested in SPI flash or UART mode.

I'm using 5V usb uart, but the threshold for logic '1' is around 2.7v so from the ESP to the usb uart has direct connection. From the usb uart to the ESP has resistor divider - for example: usb uart Tx -> 5K -> ESP Rx -> 10K -> GND. It will be great to put some zenner diode on 3.3V from the communication lines to ground, just for protection (but I wasn't able to find any in my local shop);

I'm sure that I will make bunch of changes to the PCB, but for version 0.0.0.0.0.1 is something and is working ;]

p.p. If you have problems with ESP-07 (you can't get anything from the uart, even garbage) check the orientation of the quartz oscillator under the cap. It came out that there is buggy version of the module, where that oscillator is rotated on 90 degree and the module is not working at all (total death). On the picture you can see the oscillator, after I re-soldered it correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.