Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Ratto
#73731 I am trying to build a battery-powered data logger with the ESP8266-01. It would do a measurement once every hour and send the data over WiFi; then, it would just sleep for an hour. The TPL5111 timer chip looks like a good solution, and it should, as it has been specifically designed for an application like this. But I cannot think of how exactly to use it. I have connected the ESP8266's GPIO1 pin to the TPL5111's DONE pin, and it looks like all one has to do make DONE LOW for the processing and then, at the end, make it HIGH (which would make the TPL5111 to turn off the current from the voltage regulator).

This is how I have read TI's data sheet for the TPL5111. But what happens is that it works only once. It looks like making DONE HIGH turns the power off, but then there is no power to make it LOW to prepare for the next cycle. Or am I completely confused?

Has anyone else tried the combination (ESP8266-01&TPL5111)? I am at my wits' end.