Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By stealthtransam
#74781 I recently saw Adafruit put out a new feather board. The ESP can had some different markings on it and I can't find any information on it anywhere. What is the difference between this new ESP "ESP-F V1.1" vs the ESP-12F that has been out for a few years? is the New ESP-F a replacement for the ESP-12 series or is it the same thing with just a different name engraved?
By stealthtransam
#74789 I'm not an adafruit customer so I can't send them questions and they don't have a phone help line. I was asking what the difference was in the ESP chips. I wouldn't expect adafruit to be able to answer that questions either since they do not sell the 12-F. I was asking here because this forum is dedicated to everything ESP.
By rudy
#74794 If they are advertising it as something different then they would likely know. And they are a lot more than a reseller of parts. They develop products. They have a working relationship with Espressif. I would be surprised if they did not know.

You may not have been a past customer but you are a future potential customer. It is unlikely that you would be ignored.

I found this https://fccid.io/2AL3B-ESP-F/User-Manua ... al-3387875 on V1.1. Dated from March of 2017.