Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By destroyedlolo
#75021 I got a reply from Maxim, so I'll avoid the MOSFET : it's harmless to be underpowered for the 18B20 as well :)

So the schema is here : https://github.com/destroyedlolo/ESP8266/blob/master/SondePiscine/extras/Schema.png

• D1 and D2 limit the power supply to a bit more of 3v
  • I duno yet if I will put solar cells in parallel or in series : they are coming from cheap (and dead) garden solar LED and I duno which voltage they're providing (too cloudy today to check). If a cell can reach more than 3v in case of light cloudy weather, I'll put them in parallel for a better amperage.
  • I got 2 capacitors of 2200 uF from a dead ATX PSU.
  • D3 prevent the ESP to start before capacitors are loaded enough.

Now, waiting for the rain to stop to test in situe :P
By schufti
#75029 I doubt that this will work in real life. esp8266 is picky on risetime of supply voltage and IRC there was allready a thread where sb failed on a similar approach. With the flat ramp that results from such circuit with solarcells the esp just hangs and draws high amounts of current...
By Zim
#75043 DS18B20 is wired wrong. Misconnected Vcc. I think you would be better off using a mosfet and Zener to stay away from the "slow rise"